Here are some garden design tips to help you get the most out of your garden, whether it is small or large, flat or sloping.
Make your garden look wider
- Keep the centre of the garden clear.
- Sweep borders to the side of the garden
- Use circular or oval shapes to create a feeling of space
Make your garden look longer
- Take the garden around a strong focal point near the house.
- Partially obscure the garden, so that you can see through the gap to the end.
- Squeeze the garden with plants and then widen it towards the end.
Make your garden easier to maintain
A level garden will be easier maintain, as well as looking larger.
- Use brick edges to the lawn to make mowing easier.
- Use plants that will grow to fit the space available to them, rather than ones you will need to prune regularly.
Landscaping a steep slope
- Extend into the bank and build a strong wall as low as possible
- Create a series of low terraces
- Create a path that winds through the area, with planting and a bench
Contact me to see how these design tips can be used to transform your garden.